Mackie ProFX12v2 Professional Effects USB Mixer at a Glance:
- All the tools you need for great sound
- Versatility you may not have considered
- Gear that stands the test of time
- Record and stream via USB
All the tools you need for great sound
Like the name says, the ProFX12v2 is a professional mixer, with convenient features and sound that rival some larger format mixers. Mackie designed the Vita preamps with live sound in mind to provide the quality of sound that is lacking in some compact mixers. Each channel features its own individual 3-band EQ and 100Hz low-cut filter for shaping the sound of your inputs. The ReadyFX digital effects engine gives you access to 16 different effects including reverbs and delays – Mackie even added chorus effects for your guitar. A 7-band graphic EQ can be assigned either to your main outputs so you can fine tune the PA, or to the aux output to easily get rid of feedback in your monitors. If you perform with backing tracks, there are inputs (including USB) for your laptop or MP3 player, a headphone output with individual level control, and even phantom power for your condenser mics. With the added convenience of a hi-Z input for direct instrument input, you have no reason NOT to own a ProFX12v2.
Versatility you may not have considered
Yes, the ProFX12v2 is exactly what you need for mixing when the gig calls for minimal inputs, but that’s not where its usefulness ends. Since you’ll be mixing from the stage, keep the ProFX12v2 right next to you, and you can use the headphone output with a set of in-ear monitors for your performance and just leave your floor monitors at home. Drummers can use it for monitoring, too – take the aux mix from the front of house board that would have gone to your wedges and plug it in to a channel on the ProFX12v2. Once your mix is set, you have complete control over sound shaping and volume without having to get the attention of the mix engineer. Keyboard players, you can use it to mix your multi-instrument rig straight into your amp onstage. Even audio-visual professionals working in conference breakout rooms and convention general sessions will find the functionality and connectivity of the ProFX12v2 an easy, great-sounding solution – when you’re working in a room with a 70-volt system, the 7-band graphic EQ will come in especially handy!
Gear that stands the test of time
Ever walked into a venue to set up and been pointed to an old Mackie mixer in the corner, covered in years of smoke, dust, and bar goo? Are you surprised when you plug in, fire it up, and rock your gig? You shouldn’t be! Mackie has been making solid, roadworthy gear for decades, and the ProFX12v2 is no different. In fact, the gear just keeps getting better. Built like a tank? Indeed! With solid steel chassis construction and super-tough ABS side protection, you’ll be playing through your ProFX12v2 for years to come.
Record and stream via USB
With all the right tools for the job, the ProFX12v2 allows you to create memorable mixes, but even with all those features, portability is paramount, and you can’t be burdened with lugging around additional equipment. No worries, integrated USB I/O takes the pain out of recording. Just connect the ProFX12v2 to a laptop, start up your included copy of Tracktion music production software, (or almost any DAW software) and you can record the whole mix. You can even stream music from your laptop during breaks.
The innovative USB Thru switch allows for an impressive live/recording setup when using performance software like Ableton Live or Reason. When gigging, stream the output of your performance software (or iTunes, for that matter) into the ProFX12v2. Combine that signal with anything plugged into the mixer, and send the whole thing back to the computer for recording. Archiving your integrated live performances has never been easier!
Mackie ProFX12v2 Professional Effects USB Mixer Features:
- 6 low-noise Mackie Vita mic preamps add life to any input
- ReadyFX effects engine with 16 effects including reverbs, delays, and choruses
- 7-band graphic EQ for tuning mains or monitors
- Aux output for monitor mixes, venue 70-volt systems, and more
- 3-band EQ and 100Hz low-cut filter on all channels
- hi-Z input lets you directly connect guitar, bass, and other instruments
- 48-volt phantom power on all mic channels
- Headphone output with separate level control for easy monitoring
- Roadworthy design with steel chassis and ABS side protection
- 4 stereo channels plus a stereo return for external effects or stereo playback devices
- Balanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced 1/4″ main outputs
- FX mute with remote control via footswitch
- Break switch mutes all channels for music playback between sets
- USB for playback music and recording via Mac or PC
- Includes user-friendly Tracktion recording software